Stay up to date.
During the State of the Provincial Address on July 22, 2023, our honorable Governor Erico Aris Aumentado featured Bohol’s achievements in accordance to Information & Communication Technology (ICT). Efforts to digitize Government, Agriculture, and Tourism processes were praised, and plans for improved internet service and corruption-free procurement were emphasized through integrated systems.
The PGBh-US Procurement is already in placed end to end and we have the commitment of all agencies concerned to implement the system. This will fully computerize our Procurement System to ensure that there will be no corruption and manipulation in our Procurement process.
More than just Procurement, The PGBh – Unified System plays a central role in financial processes, generating of reports, enhancing internal control and inventory management. These advancements aim to boost economic growth and transparency in the province.
The Provincial Internal Audit Office has conducted an audit to PGBh offices and identified the top 5 offices with the most improved internal control system. Here’s some information about these offices:
- FDMH, Inabanga – FDMH stands for Francisco Dagohoy Municipal Hospital, which is located in the municipality of Inabanga. A healthcare facility that provides infirmary services to the people of Inabanga and neighboring municipalities.
- GMPH, Talibon – GMPH stands for Garcia Memorial Provincial Hospital, which is located in the municipality of Talibon. The hospital is a Level 1 healthcare facility that provides tertiary health services to the people of Talibon and nearby municipalities.
- PMPO – PMPO stands for Provincial Motor Pool Office plays an important role in ensuring that the provincial government of Bohol has a reliable and efficient fleet of vehicles to support its operations and serve the people of the province.
- BICTO – BICTO stands for Bohol ICT Office. The office is responsible for developing and implementing information and communication technology (ICT) policies and programs for the Provincial Government of Bohol.
- OPA – OPA stands for Office of the Provincial Agriculturist. The office is responsible for promoting and implementing agricultural development programs in the province.
It’s worth noting that having a well-implemented internal control system is essential for organizations to achieve their objectives effectively and efficiently while mitigating the risk of fraud and errors. The fact that these offices have improved their internal control systems is a positive development that can contribute to better service delivery to the people of Bohol.